Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Visit to KL Bird Park

Some must have been wondering, bird park? Why bird park? Everything started with my aunt's suggestion. Since I never been there before, why don't give it a try? And I did enjoyed my day very much together with my aunt and cousin.

The entrance fee to the park is RM15 for Malaysian and RM39 for those without MyKad. Visitors are given a wristlet and a piece of map. Now, I'm going to complain about this lousy map and the direction sign boards in the park. I'm very sure that I'm not the only one that complain for this. Grr.. Visitors will just get confused to read the map.

I found some of the foreigners tend to love in disturbing those feathered creatures. Like what I've seen, they shout 'boo' or something else, trying to frighten the birds. Here comes the worse, I saw quite many attempted to pluck off the peacock's feather. Luckily my aunt warned them in time and they walked away shamefacedly.
There were many cages, and there were some open areas as well where, in addition to the birds, local monkeys ran around. Well, I was really surprised to see so many monkeys that are going around the park. But I was more in worry that they will hunt for the birds.

We stopped by at a rest area midway. We bought ourselves an ice-cream for cooling effect as it was a very sunny day. I found a bird quite interesting. It stood with only one leg for more than half an hour as we rested for that long. And here I am, mimicked the bird. Gee I can only hold for a while. XD
There is also an amphitheatre in Zone 4. We managed to catch the daily bird show at 1530. It was a mediocre performance. Yet, there was a climax of all (as for me =P). I've volunteered to feed the eagle. It was a new experience for me. I was given a woodstick which had a piece of meat placed in the end of it. And, I stood there waiting for the eagle (sweat). Ahah, I was a little nervous during the time seeing the eagle was flying towards my direction to hunt for the meat which I was holding. In a few seconds.. chup.. the eagle snacthed the meat and flew away. Too bad, my aunt can't managed to shoot a video of the process in time. Anyhow, we did enjoyed our day. Below is the photo of the eagle AFTER the feeding.There are more photos for your enjoyment in facebook. =)

8 comments:

L1nG L1nG said...

WOW!!! What a nice pair of legs XD

Casley said...

LOL.. ur compliment bout my legs instead of the birds.. haha but im happy to hear that..thx lingling..=P

L1nG L1nG said...

HAHA!!! Your pair of legs are much more attractive than the birds =P

Casley said...

Hehe..floating in the air jor..XD

tth said...

her legs is nice?? how to define a nice leg?

Casley said...

grrr..hwan, u purposely geh..haha how to define? see my legs lah then u'll know..LOL!!!

hwan said...

i find no difference bet ur legs n mine. the only difference is just tat mine is a bit more hairy than urs...

now u remind me. is there a bird park in KL? y i never know?

Casley said...

LOL!!! no diff? Of course urs more hairy..black and long somemore..XD

i also duno there's bird park in Kl..i juz know it when my aunt brought me there..

 

Counter